Many Kent Based Businesses Are In Need Of A Current Fire Safety Risk Assessment? Is Yours One Of Them?
A fire on in your office or business premises could wipe out all of your stock and equipment and can, of course, pose a real threat of injury to anyone working there. This is why, if your business employs 5 or more people, you must carry out and regularly review a comprehensive Fire Risk Assessment of your premises. An assessment will identify what you need to do to prevent a fire, as well as how to keep people safe should the worst happen. Fire Safety Risk Assessments in Kent can be undertaken by a Responsible Person (RP) within your business, or you can ask for an independent Fire Safety Consultant to undertake one on your behalf.
What Is A Fire Safety Risk Assessment?
A Fire Risk Assessment is a written record of any potential hazards on your premises, as well as a review of your existing procedures. The risk assessment itself will:
- Identify the fire hazards within your business
- Identify people who may be more at risk than others within your building
- Evaluate, remove or reduce the risks.
- Record the findings and prepare an emergency plan.
- Identify the need to further fire safety training.
- Be reviewed and regularly updated to assess ongoing risks or changes to your building or working practices.
Why Does My Business Need A Fire Safety Assessment?
Of course, you want to ensure that safety of everyone on your premises, which means that fire safety is important to you. Not only that, it is a legal requirement under the Regulatory Reform (Fire Safety) Order 2005 that businesses have an up to date Fire Risk Assessment in place. As the owner, you usually become the Responsible Person (RP) in charge of this obligation, meaning that the onus is on you to ensure that a complete Fire Risk Assessment is carried out and reviewed at regular intervals. If you don’t want to take on this obligation yourself, you can appoint a competent person to carry it out on your behalf. The Fire Safety Assessment and any subsequent review, is vital to ensure that your buildings and staff members are kept safe at all times, and that any potential risks are kept to a minimum.
Outsource For Safety – If you are not willing to take on the role of Responsible Person yourself, Risk Safety Services can help. Our qualified and experienced Fire Safety Consultants can visit your premises and undertake a full Fire Safety Assessment for your Kent based business.
What Type Of Premises Needs To Have A Current Fire Safety Assessment?
Broadly speaking, anywhere where people work, and in some cases reside, must have a Fire Safety Assessment carried out. The findings of which must be recorded and action taken to meet the recommendations contained within the assessment. The most common types of premises that need to undertake a Fire Safety Assessment include:
- Common areas that need to be considered for residential or non-business accommodation
- Shops and offices and any special things that need to be done for those situations
- Hotel inspections and assessments that need to be done for any other sleeping accommodation
- Residential care premise inspections and reviews
- Educational premises reviews and inspections
- Meeting halls, churches, theatres, and other places of assembly
- Outdoor event centres and stages
- Developing fire escape plans for all premises and facilities
- Healthcare premises and facilities
- Transportation premises and facilities
As you can see, it is not just office buildings that need to ensure that they have a comprehensive plan in action to protect them in the event of a fire. Here at Risk Safety Services, we can help to plan and prevent damage or destruction by fire for most types of Kent based businesses.
Who Can Carry Out A Fire Risk Assessment In Kent?
Anyone who is qualified to do so, may assist you with your Fire Safety Assessment. Here at Risk Safety Services our team of experts have the training and experience to assist you with all of your Fire Risk Assessment requirements in Kent. Call us today on 0843 523 0410 to see how we can help.