- Driving in poor visibility due to heavy rain or fog.
- Difficult road conditions may lead to driver losing control of the vehicle
- Driving in icy or snowy conditions
- Unauthorised use of mobile phone while driving
- Driving on long journeys especially at night may lead to tiredness and fatigue causing accidents.
- Influence of drugs & alcohol
- Vehicle breakdowns
- Being run into by another vehicle whilst broken down
- Legal competence of driver (untrained)
- Loading and unloading of company vehicles