- Unsafe working practices at height while using ladders / stepladders resulting in falls from height or work equipment falling from height
- Hot / cold and wet weather
- Slips, trips or falls due to poorly placed work equipment or accumulated rubbish or substances.
- Increased likelihood of slips trips and falls on site during hours of darkness or inclement weather.
- Insufficient workplace lighting or power cut.
- Exposure to paint, wood/metal dusts while sanding down of woodwork etc. before painting
- Incorrect use of cutting tools
- Paint / varnishes splashes on the body or face
- Manual handling
- Use of flammable materials.
- Spillage of solvents etc.
- Use of cleaning / sealing chemicals, adhesive sprays and other materials held in pressurised containers.
- Inhalation of paints and varnish fumes
- Erection of ladders / stepladders on PVC dustsheet leading to falls from height.
- Lack off first aid facilities or unable to summon assistance in case of medical emergency.