- Inadequate safety standards of boat supply company.
- Inadequate planning and preparations for excursion.
- Inadequate equipment or boat not fit for purpose.
- Trapped limbs / leg between boat and side of waterway
- Falling overboard
- Operation of lock gates, swing bridges and use of ropes etc.
- Boat becomes swamped or capsizes while in lock.
- Collision involving other boats or structures.
- On board cooking
- Wheelchair users / disabled group members falling into water.
- Member/s of public becoming aggressive from edge of water or on bridges throwing items, violence etc.