IOSH Safety, Health and Environment for Construction Workers
This course has been approved by CITB and Build UK, which means our courses are aligned to the Build UK Training Standard and employers can access the CITB levy.
CSCS approval means that the course will equip delegates with the knowledge and skills required to be eligible to apply for the Green Labourer card – allowing them to work on construction sites in entry-level positions.
IOSH has recently been informed by the Construction Skills Certification Scheme (CSCS) that IOSH Working Safely will no longer be eligible for the Green Labourer card and that current eligibility will cease on 31 March 2020. However, our Safety, Health and Environment for Construction Workers course is now approved.
Who the course is for
Anyone who works on or around a construction site or has cause to visit the site in the course of their work.
Remember, it is your responsibility to provide your staff with the training to ensure your site is fully compliant with safety, health and environmental regulations.
What the course covers
- Health and safety issues to be managed in the construction industry to protect employees, contractors, neighbours and others
- The basics of local law
- The importance of risk assessments and method statements and the development process
- Site requirements for the welfare of construction workers on site
- Hazards and controls associated with construction sites and activities including working at height and confined spaces
- Site environmental management including management of waste and ecology
- What employers will get
- Globally recognised and respected certificated training for their workers
- Peace of mind offered by training that’s designed and quality-assured by the Chartered body for safety and health professionals
- A course that can be delivered in timeslots that suit the business
- Fewer hours lost due to sickness and accidents, resulting in greater productivity
- Improved, company-wide safety awareness culture and appreciation for safety measures
- Proactive staff involvement to improve the workplace
- Enhanced reputation within the supply chain
CITB Health, Safety and Environment Test
It is recognised by CSCS as an equivalent to a Level 1 Award in Health and Safety in a Construction Environment, which means that delegates who successfully complete this course can apply for a CSCS green Labourer card once they have also passed the CITB Health, Safety and Environment Operatives Test.
The assessment for this course is a short multiple-choice examination.
An IOSH Certificate will be awarded to successful candidates.
|1 Day Course||Delegate Rate: £120 Plus Vat||Max No of Delegates on course: 12|