- Choosing the wrong type of access equipment resulting in falls from height.
- Dropping of work equipment onto persons below.
- Ladders slipping causing falls from height.
- Damaged ladders / stepladders resulting in falls from height.
- Unsecured ladders against a wall resulting in falls from height.
- Influence of drugs & alcohol resulting in falls from height or dropping work equipment.
- Ladders erected so that they obstruct walkways, doorways or vehicle routes may lead to a collision causing the user to fall.
- Lack off first aid facilities or unable to summon assistance in case of medical emergency.
- Manual handling
- Increased likelihood of slips trips and falls on site during hours of darkness or inclement weather.
- Insufficient workplace lighting or power cut.
- Work that imposes a side loading, such as side-on drilling through solid materials, e.g. bricks or concrete, may cause a stepladder or ladder and the user to fall.