- Flying debris /stones / glass, Hazardous substances on floor surface such as Human / animal excreta / urine , syringes, needles becoming airborne due to strimmer rotation at high speed.
- Contact with moving parts during testing, inspection, operation, maintenance, cleaning or repair.
- Exposed rotating cord / cutter or rotating blade coming into contact with feet or other body parts.
- Ergonomics- The use of the equipment may involve repetitive body movements and awkward positions.
- Noise from equipment in use.
- Vibration from equipment.
- Uneven, slippery or steep work surfaces leading to slips & falls.
- Obstacles in the vicinity of strimmer or mowing operations.
- Collision between pedestrians and vehicles.
- Outside working.
- Temperatures- operatives working in cold / hot or inclement weather.
- Fire and explosion- The storage and handling of petrol (e.g. refuelling) may pose a risk of fire and explosion.
- Allergies – Grass, plants, hay fever, bees and wasps.