- Each operator is responsible for insuring that the Hand drill is only operated in a safe condition and in a safe manner and that he/she has been duly authorised and trained in the safe operation of the Hand drill,
- It is to be used in a safe manner with the equipment being kept in a safe condition immediately reporting any changes that occur on this equipment which may affect its safe operation.
- The cleanliness and tidiness of this equipment and its surrounding area must be ensured through appropriate instructions, routine inspections and cleaning.
- Work on or alteration of this equipment, which detrimentally affects its safety in any way, is prohibited.
- All guards must be kept in place and in working condition.
- Machine parts or components, which form part of the safety protection, must not be removed, dismantled, altered, put out of operation or moved.
- All safety devices must be checked at regular intervals for perfect operation.
- The operator must have thorough knowledge of the controls and their function before attempting any operation.
- This equipment must not be left unattended if in operation.
- When cleaning operations take place the power must be completely turned off.