The operator is responsible for ensuring that the Pneumatic nail gun is only operated in a safe condition and in a safe manner and that he/she has been duly authorised and trained in its safe use.
- Check that nails have been correctly loaded into the gun.
- Check that the compressed air hose is in good condition and free from damage.
- Check that the compressed air hose has been correctly attached to the gun.
2. Commencement of pneumatic nail gun operations:
- Only use this equipment as per directions in user manual.
- This form of equipment must not be used in close proximity to other workers.
- Always keep hands and limbs clear of work piece and away from nail gun.
- Hold gun to object to be nailed and hold steady when firing.
- Do not carry or re-position the nail gun with the trigger depressed.
3. After use:
- Place nail gun down before preparing next work piece.
- Ensure good housekeeping practices are in place to minimise waste build-up.
- Detach compressed air hose and return hose to air compressor.
- Regularly inspect and maintain nail gun and parts.
- Return nail gun to storage area.